Coronavirus – despatches and deliveries:
Please note that at present we are only despatching orders once a week on a THURSDAY, to avoid unnecessary
trips to the Post Office in town. This will be the despatch day for all orders that have been placed and paid for by midnight
on the day before (Wednesday).
The 'open' status of our shop will remain under review, and depends upon our ability as a household to remain virus free - and upon any directives from the Welsh and UK Governments.
Please bear in mind that deliveries can be affected by local lock down measures and/or staffing issues, and (in the case of destinations outside the UK) by the availability of sufficient freight carrying capacity on aircraft. Although every effort is made to deliver items within the timescales given per your chosen shipping method, at present these cannot be absolutely guaranteed and so your order may arrive a little later than expected.
Shipping / delivery / despatch / returns:
Please note the following:
- We only currently deliver to addresses within the UK and to Australia, Canada, Cyprus, New Zealand, the USA, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, and Western Europe* (*for full list of countries see below)
- At present all packages and parcels are sent using Royal Mail / Parcel Force.
- The delivery options available for your shopping basket will depend on the total value of the item(s) and its weight.
- If you are purchasing books you will need to do so in a separate transaction: this ensures that the shipping methods presented to you at checkout are the most cost-effective, and that all items reach you in the best possible condition.
- If you wish to purchase a number of books at the same time:
Books for next-day delivery by Parcel Force will be packaged in one bundle.
Books for despatch by 1st or 2nd class mail (small parcel) will be despatched in separate packages, with a maximum of 2 books to each package.
- If you would like to keep track of the amount of postage and packing you are incurring as you shop, simply check the "basket" icon, and this will display the current total of your order including its weight and the delivery options.
- Please note that the delivery / postage costs automatically includes a single flat rate packaging cost of £1 subject to a minimum combined p&p charge of £2.50.
- If you are able to collect your order directly from us you can select this option on your order form and will not be charged for any postage or packing.
(*Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland, Ireland (Eire), Italy, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.)
We hope that your order will reach you in the same condition it left us, however occasionally some damage may occur during transit. Your delivery options will have ensured that all despatches are wherever possible covered by Royal Mail's insurance terms and conditions. If any items have obviously been damaged in the delivery process, please contact us immediately, stating the problem, before you send the item(s) back. We will then let you know the procedure to be followed regarding return and refund of costs.